Product Description: New condition.
Ship quickly with tracking.
30 day return policy on all used items.
- VERSATILE: Virgin Coconut Oil is a deliciously different, multipurpose cooking oil that performs well in many applications, including baking, frying, grilling, sauteing, and roasting. Solid at room temperature, it melts at 76oF and has a smoke point of 350oF.
- BUTTER SUBSTITUTE: Virgin Coconut Oil is an excellent butter substitute in many recipes. Try it in pancake or waffle mixes, as a base for scrambled eggs or stir-fried vegetables, or for frying chicken. Slightly sweet with a mild coconut flavor, it complements many household ingredients without overpowering them.
- LAURIC ACID: While the lauric acid in Virgin Coconut Oil has been shown to increase both HDL (good) and LDL (bad) blood cholesterol, lauric acid is favorable to saturated fats like vegetable oil, which increase LDL. And while lauric acids are known to increase total cholesterol more than palmitic oil or oleic acid, they have also been shown to increase HDL markedly more than either.
- MCTs: Virgin Coconut Oil is rich in medium-chain triglycerides, which have been shown to reduce levels of cholesterol and other fats in the blood. Some studies have found a link between an MCT-rich diet and weight loss.
- OTHER USES: Coconut oil has also been used for hair grooming and skin moisturizing, and has been shown to have pharmaceutical, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. It can also be used for conditioning wooden cutting boards and utensils as well as to season cast-iron cookware.